About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Groom Expos Rescue Round-Up 2013

I finally have some pictures ready to post.
I wish I had more hours in the day. lol

Here are the rest of the contestants from the Rescue Round-Up.
All of the groomers did a great job.

I am sorry that I did not get good before pictures of some of the dogs.
I was using my long lens so that I did not have to get up and walk around a lot with this darn boot on.
Some dogs were also not up on the tables when I was taking before pictures.
And, I will admit that I was concentrating mostly on my daughter.

Enjoy the pictures!

Here are the groomers at work.









Here are Before and Afters of each of the contestants dogs.




























Second Place Winner.











Third place winner.

And of course I am going to show my daughters dog again. :)

 
First Place Winner.

I have more pictures to post of the Abstract contest and Creative.
I will be posting them in the next few days. :)

Happy Grooming, MFF

4 comments:

  1. I've never competed but I have always wanted to! I really liked the idea of the rescue round up but couldn't find any information on it other than you have 2 1/2 hours to groom a rescue dog that you are given. I wouldn't call myself a show groomer or anything but I felt that I groom a majority of pet grooms and thought this would be a great chance to try to compete at least for the experience. How are the dogs assigned to the groomer? Do they bring dogs that are reasonably ok for the grooming process? Would you recommend this to a first timer?
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kayla,
      Yes, I would recommend that you compete in the rescue round up.
      The dogs are assigned by a lottery. Each dog is assigned a number, then the numbers are put into a box. What ever number the groomer picks, that is the dog that they groom. All of the dogs that I have seen competed with have all seemed to have really nice temperaments. There was one dog at this competition that was sweet but extremely hyper. The groomer was allowed to switch dogs. Go for it! You will have fun AND help a dog. :)
      Lisa, MFF

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a lot of fun! One more newbie question obviously you bring your grooming equipment but do you need to bring a table a drier for the bath etc? Promise no more questions lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kayla,
      I am not sure about other grooming Expos, but at Hershey they have a bathing area set up for the groomers with tubs, tables and dryers. I do recommend that you bring your own shampoos. Bring several different kinds, whitener, matting, medicated, or deshedding shampoo, because you never know what type of coat you may get. There is a time limit on bathing, but no time limit on drying. Oh, and you can ask as many questions as you like, I don't mind. :)
      Lisa, MFF

      Delete