About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

So Sweet

I had a new furry customer in today.
I am actually glad that this customer was able to get in so close to Christmas. (due to a cancellation)





Meet one of the sweetest Schnauzers I have ever groomed.

She is 13 years old.

Her owner has been in the Hospital for the last year.

The lady that brought her in today has been fostering her till the owner can come home.



 The dog has always been groomed by the owner.

The foster Mom has done a really great job of keeping the dog brushed out, but felt that it was time for a professional grooming.

The owner does not like any type of Schnauzer look.








She was so good on the tub.

She does have a bum back leg, so I let her sit most of the time.





Because she was 13 years old, and the foster owner was pretty sure that she had never been to a professional groomer before, I was afraid to use the high velocity dryer on her.

So I dried her with the hand dryer.

Thankfully her hair dried very quickly, and she was great for the brushing and drying.


 Her foster mom told me to leave about 2½ inches.

I was also to leave the ears.

I just neatened them.

I was also to shorten the beard a little.

I also tried to blend where the foster mom had scissored her feet and back legs.






What a pure pleasure she was to groom!

She got a Christmas bow so she would look extra pretty when she went to visit her owner in the hospital. :)

I actually like the way her face and ears turned out.

It fits her.



4 comments:

  1. Aaahhh she looks so cute, like a teddy bear toy. What a sweet dog! You did great job (although, I would call it a "waste of schnauzer" - that's what I call all schnauzers who don't get traditional schnauzer face, at least - but who cares as long as Mom is happy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww shes so cute! we have a rescued mini schanuzer (no, really- not shelter, not adopted, he showed up severely abused and neglected on our front porch) and he's way overdue for a cut but money is tight. I literally just bathed him cause he had a giant clump of poo on his butt and then took hubbys clippers to it (just the butt) LOLOL our poor groomer is going to hate me im sure but it was not an option LOLOLOL i actually found your blog cause i was looking for a funny really bad shave job to really freak her (groomer) out ;) - no, i didnt find one here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job as always, i love to read your blog posts! I just have one question. At the salon I work at we do not do hair cuts longer than the E "1 inch" wahl guard comb. If they want longer they can just get a neaten up outline trim. I've been wanting to leave haircuts longer so they could be the same length all over but over 1 inch long. What do you do to leave coats longer than your guard combs? If you have longer guard combs what brand do you recommend? We can't find steel combs over 1 inch.
    Thanks, Toni :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Toni,
      Any dog left longer than my longest comb get hands scissored. My longest comb is also an E. I use the Wahl 5in1 stainless steel combs. I love them, because they slide on to the blade very snug and do not fall off while clipping, or getting caught up in a tangle.
      Sometimes if I have a dog that the owner wants longer than the E comb, I will still use the E comb, only I will skim with it. (not use full pressure) I will skim the hair off to the length I want and then finish with my scissors. Most of the time I just scissor, because I love to scissor. lol
      We try to charge three different clipping prices....shortie price (a cut #7F to #4F) one price, Puppy cut (#3F to E comb and scissor) higher price. Hand scissor cut/Style cut highest price. Hope that makes sense. :)
      Oh....Thank you for the compliment!
      Lisa, MFF

      Delete