About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Friday, September 26, 2014

The Second Competition

Saturday night was the Abstract Runway Competition.

I had planed on competing with my white Standard, but changed my mind at the last minute.
Jess offered up on of her Bichons for me to compete with.
Because her Bichon is so small I had to come up with a different design than I had originally planned.

I wanted to do something patriotic for my son.
Jess didn't want me to get too crazy with my design so I came up with something very simple.

We had planned on bathing 'Cooper' around 4pm, giving us plenty of time to do some more scissoring on the design and putting on the finishing touches.
The last couple of years I had always been rushing at the last minute, because putting on the rhinestones for the finishing touches had taken a lot longer than you would think.
I didn't want to be rushing again this year.

There was only one problem.
The bathing area was closed till 5:30 for a Rescue Round-up pre-competition.






I had also left some of my grooming supplies back in the Hotel room, so Jess prepped her dog while I went back to the Hotel.







I had just put this design on 'Cooper' a week earlier and his hair was already growing back, so I had to touch up the design before applying the rhinestones.







My design was very simple.








The design was a large star with fireworks shooting out of it.







Instead of using many different colors, like fireworks, I decided to stick with a red, white and blue theme.






I am sorry that I don't have better pictures of the finished work.
We took it down to the last second getting all of the rhinestones on....and I still had to very quickly change my clothes.
We forgot to take better pictures of 'Cooper' all finished.
 
Thank goodness it was dark outside.
I changed my clothes in the car, because I didn't  have any extra time to use the ladies room and then run my clothes back to the car.
Rush, rush, rush.
I can't even get away from rushing when I am away from work. lol

Because we were running so late, my son had a hard time getting pictures of some of the other dogs in the competition.
They were starting to line everyone up just as we walked up.

Here are some of the other dogs that he did get pictures of.






 I think that this one was inspired by Breakfast a Tiffany's.









 This abstract was done by Lori Craig.









I am afraid I don't remember who did this dog.











This dog was groomed by Adriane Pope.








This dog was groomed by Cindy Oliver.

She took 1st place.






Sorry that the pictures were not better.

Creative Grooming next. :)



4 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa,

    I just wanted to let you know your blog is awesome. Keep up the great work! I love seeing the before and afters as well as reading the steps you post on how you created the look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! The patriotic grooming job is awesome! We recently added grooming to our pet boarding facility in SC and I was out looking for some inspiration when I found this post. I'll be bookmarking your blog for sure. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lisa! Can you, please write few words about this kind of grooming? How do you mark where the lines should run? And how do you cut it out? Check everyday your blog and you havent been so long here. Maybe you have too much work. Ildiko

    ReplyDelete