About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Tip Follow Up





This is a follow up to my last tip post about the small light and the telescoping magnet.







I have been using them both and love them.
I have used the telescoping magnet to pick up my comb numerous times.
Yes, I tend to drop my comb a lot.
What I love the most is, that I don't have to step away from the dog I am grooming for even a second, or even take my hand away for the few seconds that it would take to bend over and pick up the comb, I can keep hands on the dog at all times and reach with this magnet to pick up my comb.
I even used it once to pick up my scissors when I dropped them.

Okay, so much for that, I like that tool. :)

As for the light.
I wasn't so sure about the light.
I knew what I wanted it to do and help with but I was not sure it would work. 

So, did it do what I wanted?




Yes!

The light worked great lighting up the underbelly to see what I was clipping.

It is small enough that it did not get in my way.

It also gave off a good amount of light.







I could also stand the light up and aim at areas under the dog or between the legs that are normally  in the shadows when I scissor.







I also placed the light behind the dog to have the light shine in between the back legs to see better while scissoring.








I found that this light did not heat up while it was on.

So, no worries about a dog possibly sitting down on, or stepping on a hot light.








Just thought that I would share. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment