About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Out Of Sorts All Week :(

Okay...feeling much, much better, but I have seemed to be out of sorts all week.
Boy, has it been a looooong week.
How can a four day week be long?

I think it started as soon as I put my key in the lock Wednesday morning.
The phone was ringing as soon as I opened the door.
The first call of the week was from a long time regular customer who wanted to move her already scheduled appointment.
Her appointment was for this coming Tuesday.
She wanted to move the appointment back to this past week.

I had to ask her if I could call her back in about 10 minutes because I hadn't even had time to turn on my computer yet.
The next words out of her mouth, she was telling me that she called so early because I was so hard to get a hold of.

Really???

We are usually open Tues-Saturday, 8am to 4, 4:30, or later.
That's not available enough??

Oh that's right...in this day and age I am supposed to be available 24/7. :/

"It's hard to get a hold of you when your closed for 5 days."

Five days!!!

I was closed for my regular weekend..Sunday and Monday, and took one extra day off!
You want me to do you a favor and your giving me a hard time at the same time????

This was just the beginning of the week.
It was like this all week long.
It is only the end of April and the phone has been ring off the hook.
Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about being busy.
My complaint is about how upset people are getting because they can't get an appointment yesterday.
My complaint is because an owner can't understand why I can't just fit in their big, hairy Golden the same day.
"He only needs a bath, you can do that really quick."
My complaint is with the three customers who came in this week insisting that they MUST have their dogs back by a certain time, causing us to have to shift dogs around to accommodate them, and then not showing up to pick the dogs up at the time that they HAD to have them.
ALL THREE OF THEM!!
One didn't pick up until an hour and half after he said that he had to have the dog.

Knit picky...all week...stupid knit picky things!

Okay, calm down Lisa.

It's over.
This week has ended.

Anyway, this week prompted me to post on my other blog for pet owners.
I wrote it last night.
I was even out of sorts doing that.
I got frustrated with it.
I felt like I was rambling.
I felt like I was not getting my point across at all.
I didn't post it last night, I was so frustrated with it.
I came home and worked on it tonight.
I not sure that it is any better than last night.

OMG I am rambling here too!

Please read it for me, and if you noticed something that, you as a groomer, think I should have said, or should have said differently, please comment and tell me and I'll do some editing.


There is the link.
Warning, it is long.
I rambled, and rambled, and rambled.....oops, sorry.

I am going to watch some meaningless TV and hold my dogs now.

Happy Grooming, MFF

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Do you have an email address I can contact you by? I am a fellow groomer and would like to ask you a question regarding your photos. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kellie,
    You can reach me at furryfriendpets@yahoo.com
    Lisa, MFF

    ReplyDelete