About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Customer Comment Of The Week




I have been wanting to make some comic strips about some of the comments my customers make, or some of the things that happen in the shop.

This is my first one.

And, yes.

One of my customers, an owner of a very elderly dog, actually said this.
I already worry myself to death til the elderly dog goes back home.
I don't need the owner to make comments like this when dropping off her dog. :p

And, no.

The dog did not have a heart attack on my table....Thank God!


I did not realize it until I published my post yesterday, but it was my 500th post!
500!
Good grief I have had a lot to say. LOL
I thought that it was funny that my 500th post was about how much I love being a groomer.

Now I am off to spend the rest of the evening replying to comments.
I am behind, and have a ton of them to get to. :)

Happy Grooming, MFF

9 comments:

  1. I love the comic strip!! this blog only keeps getting better and better! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm a groomer as well and have thought about making some comic strips too! I was wondering if you have an email or easier way to message than on here, I am new to private grooming and would love to get some advice on shop setup. I love your blog and have learned so much from it already, my favorite thing so far is washing ALL the dogs first, I have always pre-shaved matted, or overly hairy dogs, but after reading your blog I thought I would give it a try. At Pet*^$%& it was practically forbidden to wash a matted dog without shaving most of it bald first, and I can still remember telling owners so matter of factly "if I wash your dog with these matts it will only make them tighter, and then we will have to shave it even shorter", I tried your way, and it took a few weeks to get the hang of scrubbing under the matts, but now I am able to get comb attachments through dogs that I would normally buzz! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi VeganAngel,

      I am glad that I could help! My e-mail is:

      furryfriendpets@yahoo.com

      I will be glads to answer your questions if I can. :)

      Lisa, MFF

      Delete
  3. Hi Lisa,
    i actually did do that in 2007 i took in rescue dogs beyond the dogs i already had since 2005 i did that for about a couple months then ended up keeping many of them, ..i wish i could have kept all but had to adopt out many to good homes..which was hard but i still have many of the dogs who are still my precious treasured angels ..i thought of dog grooming to be a good job and would tolerate dogs barking and be able to keep taking care of them. i try to do grooming customers in my home because no shop will let me bring my dogs even i ask 2 or 3 with me believe me i asked everyone and when dogs come to my place my dogs go crazy barking for hours straight for the entire time the dogs are here and the dogs want to play with my dogs and i think i need to get some vari kennels but they are 60-100 dollars each (which i need many so dont have the money at the time for that). i have never kenneled my dogs they run free in my place and i dont have a yard anymore which i had when i started all this... i also dont have a room to close them in just all open space with 12.5 feet between all the spaces too wide for traditional gates.. any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelley,
      You have me stumped on that one. Maybe a playpen for dogs. I used to have one back when my youngest son was small. You could shape it into a large playpen, or open it all of the way up to go across a room. I think that it opened to about 10 feet though. I can't remember where I got it from. Maybe if you had two.
      My dogs go to work with me everyday, but they are trained to lay on top of two large Veri Kennels that I set up as a large bed. They do not get down unless I say so.
      I did used to have a problem with them barking at customers dogs, but I started to use a soda can with some pennies in it. If they barked I would give the can a sharp shake and tell my dogs 'no bark'. Worked very quickly. I rarely have to shake it now. If they act like they are going to bark at a customers dog, all I have to do is show them the can and they settle down.
      Lisa, MFF

      Delete
  4. great ideas! thanks Lisa im going to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was checking in a dog one day, asking if the dog was having any issues (ie dry skin, bad breath, etc) after speaking with the customer for about 2 to 3 minutes, he then tells me that the dog has had seizures (UH, THIS IS HELPFUL INFORMATION)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paisely,
      It is amazing some of the things that owners 'forget' to tell you. :/

      Delete