About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Crazy Saturday's & Donuts

Saturday's can really be crazy.
This Saturday was no different.
We only had 12 dogs on this past Saturday, but the day seemed to go on forever.

I had one Golden that is 2 years old and had never been to a groomer.
On top of that, he was extremely shy.






This is 'Lance'.
He did not know what to make of the tub when I put him in it.





I bathed him lying down.
Thank goodness he was not a very large, massively hairy Golden.







'Lance' even accepted the HV dryer with no problems.







Look how good he was about drying around his head and ears.



If only every dog was this good about getting their nails clipped.

Unfortunately, I had to stop working on him a couple of times to go clip nails for walk-ins.

It drives me crazy when I have to stop grooming a dog to clip nails on Self-Serve dogs or walk-ins.

Today, I had to stop with almost every dog.





 Then a lady called with a bunny, and asked if I would cut a mat off of it's back end.
Sure, that should only take a couple of minutes.




This is what came in.
The bunny was wet, the owner had tried to soften up the mat by washing the bunny.

This mat was actually wrapped around a little, tiny tail.
It was no fun clipping damp rabbit fur.
It also took awhile to find the actual tail.
My poor blade.

Thankfully the rabbit was very good.



Then there was 'Lacey', a 9 year old, blind, diabetic Poodle.

She turned out to be very good also.
Her owners were the type that acted like they did not want to leave her, and wanted her back ASAP.
They only brought her to me because, their Vet recommend me.

That was okay with me, I don't like older dogs with medical issues to stay any longer then needed.


This is 'Matilda'.
She is a sweet heart.
She is one of those dogs that you do a Puppy Cut one groom and the next groom you are shaving her down because of mats.

Well, you probably guessed.
I was making good time and decided to demat her, and scissor 1/2 off.

I saved her this time, but next time...


Then there are these two.
This is 'Abby' & 'Louie'.
They are two of our favorites.
Why?
* They are sweet dogs.
* They are great and easy to groom.
* Their owners have been great customers for years.
* Their owners never miss an appointment.
* They never rush us without calling before the appointment to work things out.
* They are nice tippers.

AND..

They bring DONUTS!


Everyone loves when 'Abby' & 'Louie' come in.


Saturday is so busy sometimes there is no time for breakfast or lunch.


The kids really love when they bring donuts.


Especially my youngest rugrat.


This just makes his day.


He always comes over to show that he got the one with custard.
You have a craving for donuts now, don't you?

Sorry about that. ;)

They thought I was crazy for taking pictures of the donuts.
They are right, I am.

Oh, I was good, I only had one. :)

Happy Grooming, MFF

2 comments:

  1. They are all so adorable I can't stand it! I have been having burnout for a few weeks now, and have been on vacation since last Monday (I go back Wednesday) and decided to read your whole blog start to finish to remind myself why I do what I do :) thank you for sharing all your (and your family's) hard work! And yes now I want donuts ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie,
      I hope that your time off has helped to refresh you. Hope my blog helped a little bit too! lol
      Lisa, MFF

      Delete