About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Heart Attacks

I suffer at least one a day!
I am getting too old to be suffering heart attacks everyday.
You are not truly a groomer until you have suffered a heart attack while grooming.

It is inevitable...moving dog + sharp clippers and scissors = at least one heart attack a day.
* There are the dogs that love to jump at you, out of the cage BEFORE you even get the door all of the way open.
Your heart races as you catch them in mid air.

* The dog that insists on turning their face right into the full spray of the hose, no matter how hard you try to keep it away from their nose.

Then, you hold your own breath as that same dog hacks and coughs for the next five minutes, because he decided to try to drown himself.

* There is also the dog that  you have been HVing for years, suddenly decides that the noise is too much, and has a mental break down, screaming, peeing, and pooping. 
You immediately stop drying and start to talk to, and walk the dog all around the shop, and outside in the fresh air...anything to calm this once perfectly normal dog down.
It takes an hour for YOUR heart to stop racing.

Then there is the dog that likes sticking his nose right into your nail clipper just as you are cutting the nail.
You can't see anything for a split second, and your heart stops while you push his head out of the way to see if you have cut the nail too short.

AND my all time favorite heart attack....

The one that makes me freeze, hold my breath, stops my heart, and best of all, makes me pee my pants.
All at the same time!


* The dogs that LOVE to flick their tongue up into my scissors as I am scissoring the corner of their eyes.
How many times have I stopped my scissors just in the nick of time?
(No pun intended)


This could be a career ender. It is my worst nightmare.
I break into cold sweats just looking at this picture.

Maybe I could donate my body to science so that they could study how we groomers manage to survive after averaging at least one heart attack a day.
Happy Grooming, MFF

3 comments:

  1. This is hilarious. And quite true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a heart attack just seeing the picture!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that first pic! Those big untrusting eyes! Makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete